- Diplomatic status:unofficial relations
- Official Language:English (official)
- Government Type:parliamentary constitutional monarchy
- Embassies and Missions:Taipei Liaison Office in the Republic of South Africa
- Taiwanese Overseas Compatriot Association:
1.Taiwanese Hakka Association in Lesotho
2.Buddhism Compassion Relief Tzu-Chi Foundation in Lesotho
3.Taiwanese Friend of the Lesotho Police Association
4.Taiwanese Emergency Assistance Association in Lesotho
5.Buddha’s light International Association of Lesotho
- Overseas Compatriot Educational Association:
1.Taiwanese Businessmen’s School in South Africa and Lesotho
2.Amitofo Charity Association in Lesotho
- Overseas Chambers of Commerce:Taiwanese Chambers of Commerce in Lesotho
Lesotho, officially the Kingdom of Lesotho, is a democratic, sovereign and independent country with the unique characteristic of being totally surrounded by its neighbor, the Republic of South Africa. It declared independence from the United Kingdom in1966. It is a member of many regional economic organizations, and also active in the United Nations (UN), the African Union (AU), the Non-Aligned Movement, the Commonwealth, and many other international organizations.
The economy of Lesotho is based on agriculture, livestock, manufacturing, mining, and depends heavily on inflows of workers' remittances and receipts from the Southern African Customs Union (SACU). As a landlocked country inside South Africa, Lesotho's geographic location makes it extremely vulnerable to political and economic developments in South Africa. The country has faced high unemployment, economic collapse, a weak currency and major public health issues. Nearly a quarter of the population tests positive for HIV.