- Diplomatic status:unofficial relations
- Official Language:English
- Government Type:presidential republic
- Embassies and Missions:Taipei Trade Office in the Federal Republic of Nigeria and Taipei Representative Office in the U.K.
- Overseas Compatriot Association:Taiwanese Chamber of Commerce in Ghana
Ghana, officially the Republic of Ghana, is a country situated on the coast of the Gulf of Guinea. Although relatively small in area and population, Ghana has been held up as an example of successful economic recovery and political reform and is one of the leading countries of Africa.
Ghana is known for its possession of industrial minerals, hydrocarbons and precious metals. It has gold, oil and natural gas reserves and is believed to have the fifth largest petroleum reserves in Africa and the 21st to 25th largest in the world.
It is a market-based economy with relatively few policy barriers to trade and investment in comparison with other countries in the region. It has an economic plan target known as the "Ghana Vision 2020". This plan envisions Ghana as the first African country to become a developed country between 2020 and 2029 and a newly industrialized country between 2030 and 2039.