Skip to main content
Overseas Community Affairs
Care and Assistance Associations
Continental Annual Conferences
Seminars of Overseas Community
Visiting Groups of Overseas Community
Overseas Compatriot Identification Certification Application Requirements
Application Form Download
Permanent Residence Systems of Different Countries
Q & A
Overseas Compatriot Education
Introduction to Overseas Compatriot Education
Assigning Cultural Delegations on Overseas Performance Tours
Taiwanese American Heritage Week & Asian Heritage Month in Canada
Taiwanese Culture and Folk Art Teacher Training Program
Business & Trade
Students Counseling Services
Overseas Compatriot Affairs Research
2017 Overseas Compatriot Affairs Special Lecture Series
2016 Overseas Compatriot Affairs Special Lecture Series
2015 Overseas Compatriot Affairs Conferences
2014 Overseas Compatriot Affairs Conferences
Awards for Theses and Dissertations on the Topic of Overseas Compatriot Affairs
Taiwan captures 24 gold at Geneva international invention show
Taipei, April 1 (CNA) Taiwan won 24 gold, 13 silver, 8 bronze and 5 special medals on Friday at the Geneva International Exhibition of Inventions, the Taiwan Invention Association said in a statement on Saturday.
The association, which organizes Taiwan's delegation to the annual event, said Taiwanese inventors presented a total of 43 new products at the exhibition that opened in Geneva on March 29 and will run through April 2.
Taiwan Invention Association chief Chen Tsung-tai said some of the award-winning works are products of cross-sector cooperation.
"The coordinated efforts of the business sector, academia and government have boosted Taiwan's innovation," he said.
Taiwan has taken part in the Geneva invention exhibition on a regular basis and often comes away with dozens of medals. Last year, Taiwanese exhibitors grabbed 25 gold, 20 silver and 8 bronze medals, as well as seven special awards.
A total of 725 exhibitors from 40 countries participated in this year's show, with around a thousand new products showcased.
About 80 percent of the inventors represent businesses, universities or research institutions while the other 20 percent are independent.(Courtesy of CNA)
Taiwanese table tennis player halted in Hungary semi-finals
Taiwan's Tai loses Malaysia Masters badminton final to Thai rival
Tour route on Canary Islands in memory of late Taiwanese writer
Taiwan-China duo advances to final eight pairs of Australian Open
Taiwan's 2nd Apache combat squadron to enter service in mid-2018
Taiwanese Chan sisters advance in mixed doubles at Australian Open