Department of information management has two sections. The areas of responsibility of each section are as such:
1. Section of Information Management Planning
(1) The planning of the goal and strategy of overall information development and the administration of general Information business.
(2) The overall planning and management of overseas Chinese affairs' information system and the standardization of its operation.
(3) The planning and construction of OCAC's decision support and business integration information system.
(4) The planning and assistance of the computerization of the administration of OCAC overseas' culture centers.
(5) The information security management related inspections, drills and education trainings.
(6) The managing and technology support of information security facilities and equipment.
(7) Other overseas Chinese affairs related information management planning matters.
2. Section of Information System Service
(1) The development and maintenance of OCAC's general management information system.
(2) The construction and maintenance of OCAC's World Wide Web and promote its content accessibility environment.
(3) The management of the environment of the computer room.
(4) The procurement, management and operation maintenance of the database system.
(5) The construction, problem solving and consulting service of the information operating environment for all departments.
(6) The procurement, management and operation maintenance of the information hardware equipment and personal computer software packages.
(7) Other overseas chinese affairs related information management service matters.